2.10.08

what if?

I had lunch today with and old friend of mine from college. We dated briefly during my junior year but we never went official because I wasn't looking for anything serious at the moment. I had this free spirit mentality at the time and didn't wanna be tied down. He was so nice to me and it broke my heart to say no but I just couldn't do it. I had never even given him a kiss on the lips. This is our second lunch meeting since we linked up again with each other through facebook.com. His relationship status says he's in a relationship now and we've just been catching up and chatting about work, friends, family and hobbies and keeping the convos light and friendly. I haven't asked him about his relationship and he hasn't inquired about mine (or lack thereof lol). We ate at a buffet place and he paid for our food and drinks. I let him know that lunch would definately be on me for the next time we met. He'd invited me out to a beach party he was hosting during the first time we met up but I didn't go. And this time he invited me to a group outing with him and his friends for this Saturday. I can't make it this Saturday either because my mom and I are going to the mall. I often wonder 'what if?' I'd stayed with him and made it official? He's intelligent, a gentleman, has a great career and he's kind. Not quite physically my type but he's not a bad looking guy. What the hell was I thinking for turning such a good guy down?

On another note, I saw this commercial for the first time this evening. It features Christina Aguilera singing America the Beautiful to her baby son Max encouring Americans to vote in the upcoming presidental election in November. I love Christina's voice and she never ceases to amaze me. Check it out.



If you're a legal US citizen of legal age to vote this year..please make your voices heard in this year's election!!!

No comments: