27.10.08

stuck in a rut.

So for about a year now I've been contemplating a career change. My co-worker and I were having a chat today about our future career goals and other aspirations. She is a receptionist and I'm an admin and we don't want to be in this position for too much longer. We're paid a decent salary and have excellent benefits but at the end of the day this work leaves us very unfulfilled and unsatisfied. I have expressed an interest in the medical field for some time but I haven't been active in working towards that goal except for taking a General Biology class this summer to meet one of the prerequisites but that's all I've done so far. I earned an A in the class which really made me feel confident about pushing further but I've still been procrastinating. Today after work we met with an admissions counselor at a med training school in the city. I'm interested in Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound and she's leaning towards a career in Radiology. The Medical Assistant program sounds great too, but I still want to explore other options/schools before making a final decision. I've been to the damn school 3 times now and still haven't decided on what to do. Decision-making has never been one of my strong points and admittedly, this has held me back from a lot of things. I'm sure these 'things' will come up in my writing at some time..just not right now. There's so many things I've set out to do and accomplish but without a good paying job and proper finances it seems really difficult to achieve life goals. And with the economy as unstable as it is, it's more important than ever to try to be financially secure. As I'm getting older, I'm truly realising how fast life can pass you by. It makes me scared and nervous about the future that lies ahead.

And dammit, I'm missing Lady Gaga tonight! She's performing in like a half-hour and I'm here wallowing in my my self pity!!! Grrrrrr. lol.

No comments: