
Ok..so what? I'm a fan of Duffy! I think the Rockferry album is great. I wouldn't call it soulful as many others have but her voice is soft n sweet and quite refreshing in my opinion. If there's one thing you must know about me it's that I do not discriminate when it comes to music..some people are all like 'i listen to anything but country music'..but not me. I'm pretty much open to anything..ok so with that said, I was on Duffy's myspace last night and saw she was performing in NYC on the 22nd. I went to the venue's website and they were all sold out of advance tickets for about $23. Tickets sold at the door on the day of the show would be $33. Something about getting tickets at the door didn't sit well with me..I don't wanna wait until the last minute, get to the venue just to find out they'll be no more tickets so in order to be safe rather than sorry, I decided to buy one from stubhub.com for a steeper price..$53.65 to be exact. I had tried to contact someone on craigslist but they sold their Duffy tickets yesterday. I actually had the pleasure of meeting Duffy earlier this year when she performed at the Virgin Megastore in Union Square on May 13th. She performed 3 songs and did an autograph signing afterwards. When it was my turn to get my album signed, told her I that I'd hoped she'd visit NY again soon she said "..oh i'll definitely be back so much you'll be sick of me" lol she was so friendly and sweet which I guess is another reason that I'm a big fan. I look horrid in our pic together but I will post up the photo of my autographed CD [when i get home cuz i'm blogging at work..shame.] But here are two video clips (Duffy singing Mercy and Warwick Avenue) taken by ME at the performance that day. I can't wait for the upcoming show! And if the youtube videos link you to my account feel free to watch Suki run around central park or check out my Rihanna videos from when she did a performance in April.
1 comment:
Duffy is BAD! I feel absolutely no shame in saying that! haha.
Let us know how the concert goes...damn i just remembered I need to buy my Kanye Ticket.
Thanx for following. xoxo
Post a Comment