10.11.08

a little pain a little pleasure.

I feel like crap right now so after writing this I'm off to bed. I have cramps that aren't going away even though I took 2 extra strength tylenol pills...so I popped one more a little while ago and I'm hoping for some relief soon. My allergies are also causing me to feel a mess. My mom just tripped and fell over the dog gate we have that blocks the entrance to her room. She hurt her knee and it's swollen in one area and she has a scratch or two on her wrists that I'm sure will be black and blue in the morning. I told her to take tomorrow off and work from home but she refuses. It's really sad how some just let work become the center focus of everything. She just injured herself and can barely walk without a limp and wincing in pain yet she's gonna jump up for work in the morning and go about her day. I don't get it. Just take one lousy day off!

But on a happier note, I was browsing blogs earlier today and saw that one fellow blogger baked some white chocolate cranberry cookies recently. She posted pics of em and they looked absolutely delicious! So I decided to give it try for myself and found a simple recipe online and gathered up all the ingredients; most of which I already had at home except for the chocolate and cranberries. I followed the recipe exactly as it was but used vanilla extract instead of brandy. Here's the website for the recipe. My mom doesn't like baked goods with fruit in them so she wasn't too thrilled but I think they taste great. They're really sweet so some may want to cut back on the sugar but it wasn't an issue for me. I think they're quite lovely just they way they are. Here's a look of my progress and the finished product!







Oh and I'm no Lindsay Lohan fan but I had no idea she was in a same sex relationship..I'm so out the loop these days..well as long as she's happy and lovin life..

goodnight!


No comments: